Radiotherapy Shielding Block Mold Cutter
Radiotherapy departments can now take advantage of the cost savings and versatility of a
compact tabletop Compu•cutter® system. The Compu•cutter® III is less than half
the size of its predecessor without sacrificing quality and accuracy. It is available as a complete package
or as a single unit which can plug and play with your existing configuration.
Huestis software is compatible with any Windows® based Op System, allowing for easy image manipulation,
correction and cutting.
Compu•cutter® III is the next generation in the Huestis Medical block
cutting system. Radiotherapy teams worldwide have come to depend on Huestis Medical for quality
and cost effective radiotherapy products.
The Compu•cutter® III is a CE certified radiotherapy shielding block cutter.
- Computerized, four-axis cutter ensures accuracy of ±1mm.
- Built-in checks minimize operator error and time consuming re-cuts.
- Allows review of outline on monitor.
- Drawing package feature allows for easy image manipulation and correction.
- Cut path simulation prior to actual block cut.
- All functions and set-ups are completely computer controlled.
- Radiograph printout verifies tracing.
- Template printout facilitates mounting shielding block on tray.
Treatment Planning Interfaces
- Digitized block outlines can be easily transferred from treatment planning.
- Eliminates redundant input of block outlines from radiographs.
- Imported outlines may be cut immediately or stored for later use.
Radiograph Digitizing (optional)
- Radiograph is aligned on crosshairs and traced with a digitized mouse.
- Windows® based program digitizes and stores data and
patient files for easy reference or modifications.
- Easy input of patient/block information.
- Preset operational function keys.
- User may select any cut path to connect multiple block outlines.
- Ability to “flip” image for fast AP/PA or L/R lateral blocks,
or change any parameter without re-digitizing.
Included Custom Features
- Hot Wire Cutting
- Image can be moved to any position on the block to allow for
the conservation of styrofoam use.
- Fast .45"/sec. (1 cm/sec.) cut speed.
- Cutter is safely enclosed in cutting bay.
- Adjustable temperature for variations in foam densities.
- Safety interlock for open door position.
- Custom defaults: S.F.D., S.A.D., S.T.D.
- Distance changes can be factored in after digitizing or TPS import.
- Determines smallest block required for shape or combination of shapes.
- Our full system for the Compu•cutter® III includes the
cutter, computer, custom software, printer, digitizer and an optional label printer.
- Our system can be purchased as a cutter and software package only,
to be used with existing peripherals in any radiotherapy department to reduce expenses.
- Footprint is smaller than our Styro•former®.
- Measures 30" (76.2 cm) tall x 15.75" (40 cm) wide x 30" (76.2 cm) deep.
- weighs approximately 60 lbs. (27.27 kgs).